We are so excited for our upcoming Invitational Honor Band. This is one of our favorite events and we can’t wait to have you with us this Friday and Saturday!
Just a couple of reminders:
1. The best address to use to get to the School of Music is: 106 W Brandeis Ave, Louisville, KY 40292 (It is the address for the Rauch Planetarium which is right next to the School of Music). Please do NOT park on campus around the School of Music on Friday, the 25. You will get a ticket if you park/pull up along the curbs or park in any of the lots on Friday. You may park in either the Speed Museum garage or Floyd Street garage for a minimal fee or park for free on any of the streets (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and walk to the School of Music. Parking is free and open to the public all day Saturday. You may drop your son/daughter off at the School of Music for registration as long as it is just a drop-off and no parking.
2. Concert dress, which is also listed in the letter that was sent with your audition music is as follows: Men - black slacks, white button down w/ tie (can be colorful!) and black shoes. Women - black skirt (below the knee), white blouse with black shoes.
3. You will need to make sure to bring a bit of money for dinner on Saturday and any snacks you may want to purchase in between rehearsals. Pizza lunch on Saturday is provided by the Band Department. There are plenty of restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the School of Music. We do have several staff members walk over during meals, and it usually ends up being a larger group that goes over together.
4. If for some reason weather becomes an issue, I will send email updates as soon ASAP.
5. The concert on Saturday is at 7pm. It is free and open to the public.
6. Attached, you will find the audition room locations so you can view ahead of time. Please note that the bass clarinets and bassoon have a later start time.
7. I have attached another copy of the schedule, should you need it. Please note that there is quite a chunk of time between auditions and the first rehearsal (4.5 hours). This allows us to get everyone auditioned and type up the audition results so that the bands can be organized before you return from dinner break.
If you have any questions or need anything at all, please don’t hesitate to contact me. See you in a few days!
Administrative Assistant, Sr.
Department of Performance Studies
University of Louisville
School of Music, LL74