After the first week, things always smooth out, but I will need lots of assistance to get everything covered.
1. Pit Crew shirts. You should have received your show-shirt form Shirley Howard. I will be collecting these after this weekend’s game, or you can bring them to me on Monday after practice. I’ll take them and have the “PIT CREW” added-on.
2. Our grill is dying. I need someone to meet me at the football field today or tomorrow, remove the regulator from one side, get a new one, and then replace it after school on Friday, as we need it for the concessions Friday evening.
3. We need a crew to help me set-up the concessions tent, lights, grill, rope line, and trash cans. I usually start at 4:00. Please let me know if you could help...we need at least 4 people, and we need to get several of you trained in how to set-up, because I will have home game conflicts at Western on Sept. 5 and Oct. 17.
4. ALL HANDS ON DECK for the game this Friday. We will need to get the front ensemble in order, load the carts and trailers, and use the game as a practice for Glasgow. Hopefully, you saw Jamie’s “new” tractor in Eastern blue (thanks, John Meyer!) at the parent show before the storm. We will be able to use that tractor, followed by at least one trailer, to haul equipment onto the track! I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about how to load everything, but I want extra time for the unexpected items to get placed. ALL PIT CREW needs to meet in the North end-zone grass area at the beginning of the second quarter.
5. Anyone have two dozen sand bags lying around? We need them to hold the front drops down during performances, so they do not blow over… No? I need one or two people to take charge of making them, then. Please let me know if you could do this!!
6. If you have a pressure-washer, we need to wash the trailer. It’s looking pretty grungy. The only time that the trailer will be at school is on Saturday, Sept. 6. I’ve asked for it to be delivered at 9:00, so we have time to wash it before the parade. I’ll bring my pressure washer, as well…
7. September 6 has two events; the Middletown Parade, followed by a rehearsal, then we leave for Glasgow. We will need to load the semi with cases for the end of the parade, send it on its way, and unload those cases at school after the parade. (It’s a different format that last year…) As the kids’ rehearsal is finishing, we load the semi for Glasgow, jump in our cars, and follow John there. WE WILL NEED A FULL PIT CREW ON THE ROAD!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 552.7013 with your availability for each of these needs. If you are new, I understand that it seems like a TON of stuff right now. It’s not too much…just new! Please call me if you have any questions!!
Director of Bands
Western Early College High School
Vice President of Operations
Eastern High School Band Parent Organization